Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Halle starts kindergarten

Do you think she is excited for kindergarten?!?!? Well she has been counting down the days for a week or so. We have picked out outfits over and over but she settled on the monkey shirt, monkey earrings, monkey clip, denim skirt and new flip-flops. She was adorable.
I was quickly informed that I should just leave her at the door and she would go in for herself. I think that made me sad more than anything. I immediately got butterflies and nervous for her because I wasn't there to help unload the backpack and help her along. Crazy mom, I know, admittance is the first step, right?!?! I know that this independence is a good thing and she informed me that she was glad I left her there. So after fighting my inner self I was glad that I did not go in. She loves her teacher and told me a list of details and things that she learned on the first day. All in all another great first day of school.

No comments: