Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trains! Trains! and trains!

I never thought that I could raise two boys that liked trains so much. As a toddler Austin loved trains and now his little brother is fascinated with them as well. He loves to play with Thomas, watch trains go by on the tracks and watch Thomas DVD's (we all know how incredibly boring these are). Anyway, they both love it so we let them play and enjoy. Today, we went to a model railroad museum. It had a whole room full of trains, tracks and signals with grown up boys that loved to play with trains STILL. Jett loved it!
Watching the trains switch engines outside the museum building.
Austin still liking trains unless you asked him if he did.
Halle telling me that I need to get a picture of her too by the trains so here it is.
Jett knows what signals are and points them out as we pass them in town. He also lets me know that we are going over tracks and how many we just went over. I guess Pocatello is a great place to live with train lovers because it is an old train city.

2 comments:

Jacob Diller said...

I really think it is a boy thing. I was obsessed with trains when I was little...and my nephew loves them! He loves to play with the train I got when I was 7. And yes I still have it obviously and ocassionally play with it ha ha

Maja said...

Yeah I am glad that you made it to the museum. What a good mom you are. For the trip to the museum and everything else you do for your kids.