Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Creative Fun

So I have to brag about my kids because I think they have come up with the cutest creative things to play together. It usually occurs on Sunday when they realize that no electronic devices can be used but it has happened on other days as well. So here are a few examples of things they have come up with.
They have played yard sale where they have come up with things (toys or artwork of their own) to sell and set up the family room with check out centers and all. Of course, Lowell and I had to pay them for all their artwork.
They have set up the basement as a restaurant with written menus and prices. One of course is the waiter/waitress and the other is the cook. This is probably a classic at our house since we got the kitchen and table downstairs. However new additions are always made to it.
They acted out the birth of our Savior with angels, shepards, wise men and the whole works. They were so glad we had a new baby so Berkeley could participate in the play and be baby Jesus.
They have made up laser tag. This is used with flashlights and played in the dark and whoever gets a light shined on them is out until they go back to their base and recharge. Yes, of course, they set up bases as well.
But my personal favorite was the night of the concert. They had created a band, sent out tickets to be purchased, and set up a stage, which included spotlights for the singer, guitar and drummer solos. The spotlights were flashlights and they each took their turn doing their thing.
I wish I could have got a video tape of this one but I knew the second I pulled out the camera all bets would be off and the entertainment would stop.
I love seeing them play like this together. It reminds me of my childhood. There is nothing better than seeing your children use their imagination!!

No comments: